5878 East Molloy Road
CNY SPCA, Syracuse
Since its founding in 1891, the Central New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has been on a mission to alleviate suffering, prevent cruelty and promote kindness to all animals. It was originally founded to protect draft horses and mules pulling barges on the Erie Canal. This private, not-for-profit organization built its first shelter in 1904 on Belden Avenue in the city of Syracuse. The existing shelter on East Molloy Road was built in 1955 and has since been renovated and expanded. It is the third such society to be incorporated in the US and serves the animal population of Central New York. We provide shelter for animals who have been abandoned,lost, surrendered by their owners and those seized by our Cruelty Investigators.
Veterinary & Emergency Services